Friday, March 14, 2014

Winding Down, a Play, and a Ball!

Hello everyone! This week went by pretty quickly! It's already Friday again, so I get to write another blog, keeping you up to date with my school life.

I'm excited to say that I am finishing subjects, winding down for the year! I recently completed my poetry course as well as my vocabulary! I only have eleven more pages in my reading comprehension, and I am on my last project in writing. Speaking of which, I am starting a big research report! My subject right now, vaguely, is “the history of cats in Ancient Egypt”! I think I’ll enjoy writing on this subject more than other because one, I really like cats, and two, the Ancients never fail to capture my attention. I've been researching websites on the matter and printed them out to read and highlight things that are important or of interest. I'm excited to progress in this subject!

Some subjects are the same as always: Math, History, Grammar, and Science. I also have a new book I am reading called “Story of a Soul” which was written by Saint Therese, the Little Flower. On the matter of science, I had my lab on Wednesday! It was really fun, and we did three experiments. You can view these in the attached documents.

Another highlight of this week pertains to theater. Last night, I went with my mom and my older sister ---who is home from college for spring break this week--- to a play called Barnum. It is about the life of P.T. Barnum.

There is one more fun thing which I did this week, and that is my Cotillion Graduation Ball on Tuesday. This was longer than most and there were no lessons, just dancing and food. I had a great time! The students' parents were invited for the second half of each class and were taught some dances which they then did with their children. I dressed up more than usual for this, wearing my sister's prom dress and a new jewelry set that I bought. It was a really fun night even if my feet were super sore from all the dancing!

Well, that's it for this blog. But of course, I have pictures for you all! So, until next time, bye!
spring!
our plum tree




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your week! Are you doing anything special during lent? Great pictures! You looked beautiful for cotillion!!! PHotos of spring made me jealous! Love you! Auntie A