Hello again loyal readers!
I trust that everyone had a good week?
It seems only a few days since writing my last blog, but I guess
that's better than it seeming like the week will never end! Speaking
of last weeks' blog, here is the answer to the triangle question. If
you didn't read the last blog, the question was:
“Did you know that the
angles of any triangle always adds up to 180
degrees? It's true! So if you know the measure of two angles,
you add those numbers together, and subtract the sum from 180, and
you'll know what the last angle measures! See if you all can figure
this out, using that method: A triangle measures 180. One angle is 30
while the other is 58. What is the measure of the third angle?”
The answer is 92 degrees!
Did you get it right? What went wrong? You can check your work by
adding the three numbers together: 58, 30, and 92, and seeing if they
have a total sum of 180. If so, perfect! Did you like that little
challenge? If so, you're in luck. Now that you know the method fairly
well, here are two more questions that will be answered on the next
blog!
Question one: There is a
triangle with an angle of 20 and another angle of 73. What is the
measure of the third angle?
Question two: A triangle has
three angles, one of which measures 89 and the other measures 13.
What is the measure of the third angle?
Extra challenge:
Here's a newer concept: A
right triangle is a triangle with a right angle. A right angle ALWAYS
measures 90 degrees. So if you have a right triangle but only one
other angle measurement known, you can still figure it out. Here's an
example: An angle in a right triangle is 54 degrees, what does the
last angle measure? The way you would do this problem is to add 54
and 90 [remember, that's always what a right angle measures] and then
subtract that sum [144] from 180. The answer is 36. Now you try:
A right triangle has a
missing measurement. One of the measurements is 43. What is the third
angle's measurement?
Alright, the answers will be
in the following blog!
Composition is really
getting intense in the research. I was working for at least 2 hours
on the source cards and highlighting and filing. It's coming along
really well, though. Next week I will start note cards and the
project will really start to come together!
This week was my science
lab. I enjoy going, and the experiments are really cool—although,
this week we had a gross experiment. You can see them by reading my
lab reports in the link below.
We didn't take many pictures
at all this week, and I only have one to share with you:
If you're wondering what it
is, I got to destroy my vocabulary book. YAY!
Well, that's about it for
this week! Remember to try the challenges! Until next time, bye!

1 comment:
Thanks for sharing mia! Katie was home all week on her last spring break! I had a few days off so we made good use of our time together! Last night she went down to OU to spend the night with Matt. I'm going to hit a few tag sales, the Eddie Bauer warehouse store and that's about it for today! Have a wonderful weekend and summer will be here soon!!!! Love Auntie A
Post a Comment