Friday, March 21, 2014

Slow Down Mr. Time! Another Blog!

Time needs to slow down! Happy Friday once again to everyone reading this! I hope your week was awesome and your weekend even better! Every Friday, I tell you all about my week, this time, I’m giving you all a little challenge. For whoever's up to it, email me with something interesting that happened in your week, nothing long, just a snippet to keep me up to speed, as I do for all of you in each of my blogs!

School continues to wind down, welcoming in the fact that summer is approaching quickly! On Monday, I finished geography for the year! That makes me done with Poetry, Vocabulary, and Geography! Which subject will end next?? My days are getting shorter as well as easier as time progresses towards summer break, as I only have the following subjects left on my agenda:

Science
Math
Religion
Composition
Handwriting
Literature
History
Reading Comprehension, Grammar, and Blogs (which are only on Fridays)

I love the end of the school year!

In science, I am learning about the body still, and this week was focused on the digestive track. Unfortunately for me, this is the lesson I despise most, as it not only grosses me out, but I’ve learned it year after year, and it gets old. There are a few interesting things though, like this fun fact I learned: When one starts coughing uncontrollably while eating, people usually ask if it “went down the wrong pipe.” Actually, this is usually the case. WE have two “pipes” - one for breathing, the larynx, and one for swallowing, the esophagus. While swallowing, the larynx closes, however, occasionally food will get into it, triggering the cough reflex in attempt to remove it. This is also why you cough around smoke; the smoke enters the larynx, because it is in the air, but being thicker and polluted, the body tries to get it out by coughing. I suppose not all school is boring; I found this rather interesting.

Math is also somewhat enjoyable right now, as it's going over one of my favorite subjects, polygons and lines. If I had to pick a favorite unit, it would be this. It also helps that we did this many times in school, so it's almost like a review. Did you know that the angles of any triangle always adds up to 180 degrees? It's true! So if you know the measure of two angles, you add those numbers together, and subtract the sum from 180, and you'll know what the last angle measures! See if you all can figure this out, using that method: A triangle measures 180. One angle is 30 while the other is 58. What is the measure of the third angle? Good luck!

I'm still researching in composition. I wish I could find some books on the topic at the library, but the only book on the history of cats in ancient Egypt is in reference (can't check it out), and it's Uptown. So I'll have to be content with the web, which isn't a tragedy, because I can print things out and highlight. I'm learning a lot about the subject! 

Now that I’ve told you about school, it's time to throw something fun in this blog! On Tuesday, for my friend's b-day party, my friends and I met at the mall for a few hours! It was the most fun I’ve had in a while, and I hope to do it again! We only bought a few things, but we browsed the mall for a long time, and then met at the cafeteria for a late lunch and presents. Then, for a perfect end of the get-together, we all got frozen yogurt.

Well, that's all for this week, I hope y'all enjoyed reading this blog! Don't forget to do the challenge if you're interested! You can also email me with your answer to the triangle question, and I’ll tell you if you're right! Till next time, bye!

Photo Gallery
 

 
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! Thanks for the update on your week! I'm up for both challenges, of course! Triangle mystery - hopefully the correct answer is 92 degrees. Secondly, an interesting thing that happened to me is that I won a customer service award at the hospital I work for! Also, Katie is home for spring break and that makes me very happy - we went up to the lakehouse for the weekend!

Love, Auntie A