Wednesday, March 5, 2014

new schedule

Written Friday, Feb 28

Hey there everyone! Wow, am I glad it's Friday! This week, we tried a new schedule for school. It has been working really well. To each hour is assigned two subjects. I am able to see what I have to work on and when, and it also allows me to have one fifteen minute break and a one-hour lunch break. I can also see what time school ends for that day, which is really helpful. On Monday, I started late, but I still got done at 4pm! Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday I finished at 3pm, and today I’ll be finished with school at 12:00!

This Wednesday I had science lab for the first time in six weeks! Of course there will be make up classes, but because of the snow, we've not been able to have class. In this week's lab, we learned about bones, muscles, and even a little bit about pigment, explaining colors of skin, hair, and eyes. We did four experiments.  You can view my lab reports for three of them in the link attached.  The other one is ongoing.

I'm working really hard in handwriting, and my cursive is getting very neat! I'm really happy about that. In the pictures below I’ve added some clips of my improved handwriting! 


For poetry, I am working on memorizing a poem entitled “Dreams.”

Dreams
by Langston Hughes

Hold fast to your dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.

Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.

That is the poem which I have to memorize. Wish me luck! It stood out to me because I have a special love for dreams.

In writing, I have begun preparation for a big research paper that I’ll write at the end of the year. Right now I’m only reading the lessons and doing a few exercises, but soon I’ll begin planning for my own report! I'll be sure to share it on my blog once I’ve written it.

Now it's time to enjoy the pictures for this week!

Baby said this is a swimsuit & she's water skiing :-)
picture taken by Baby!
I'm doing school, too!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings Mia! It's good to change around your schedule to keep trying to see what works best! You are going to be so ready for college - you'll know exactly how to study and how much time to devote to each subject! That is every freshmen's greatest dilemma! Your handwriting does indeed look beautiful! Love you! Auntie A