Saturday, April 5, 2014

dwindling

Hello again, everyone! It's the end of another week and the start of another blog! I hope everyone had a good week and will have an even better weekend! Wow, it's hard to come up with things to write about with all my school subjects dwindling. I'll start off with writing about last weekend—I went over to my friend A.'s house for her birthday party. There were really cool games that went along with the Warrior Cats theme. We had pizza, cake, and snacks. During the length of the party we listened to music. Then I got to stay for a sleepover after the awesome party. It was a great weekend.

Now that we're caught up, on to this week! Research is getting a lot more intense, but thankfully I picked a topic that I like, so I actually really enjoy composition right now. Right now I'm working on taking notes. I've chosen to share with you one of the many articles which I am using as sources, and a few note cards I've taken on it. Click on the links below to see them.

In science, I am learning about blood and the heart and such. Did you know, the heart is kind of like a house? It has four 'rooms' [chambers], four 'doors' [valves], four 'big hallways' [vessels], and four 'small hallways' [vessels]. Pretty cool, huh? Did you know that there are different components of blood? Plasma, which makes up more than half of the blood and is carefully controlled by the kidneys, red blood cells, which transport oxygen from the lungs to the tissues and give the blood it's red color, white blood cells, which are responsible for protecting the body from agents of disease, and platelets which aid the process of blood clotting. Blood clotting keeps us from bleeding to death when we get cut!

Well, that's pretty much it for this week, but in next week's blog, I can tell you about the Lenten Youth Pilgrimage which I am going to this Saturday! So, until next time, BYE!

A few pics of baby this week:
 
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh best pictures of baby ever! Loved the one when she's with all the stuffies! Glad things are winding down! Can't wait to see you in July!