There's not much to tell besides that I'm finishing the St. Mary Margaret book, which for awhile I read to Baby. I also had science this week. We blew up our lab partners! Well, not with dynamite or anything....Here, take a look at my lab reports to see what we really did! It's the last one!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypPK1qIEGuTTXVrTm9DSUV3cFk/edit?usp=sharing
Cool, right? See we didn't actually blow up our partner, we just blew up the bag which lifted them!
I took my science test today, nice to get that over with!
I went to a Jessie Tree Ornament Exchange. 24 families signed up to each make 24 of one kind of ornament for the Jesse Tree for Advent. I made 24 keys -- the ornament for Dec 20, one of the O Antiphons – The Key of David. I sculpted them out of clay, baked them, painted them silver, and tied on a light blue ribbon for hanging. There were some really cool ornaments there, but I was disappointed with the event. I thought it would be kids my age, but it turned out to only be moms. Because Mom was sick, my dad took me, and was the only guy there, and I was the only kid my age there, except for one girl that I don't know that well. The rest of the kids were little tag-a-longs with moms. I did get some neat ornaments though.
I am working on memorizing a poem right now by Shakespeare, called Sonnet 65. I will now type it out with out looking at any source.
Sonnet 65
Since brass, nor stone, nor earth, nor boundless sea,
But sad mortality o'erways their power
How with this rage shall beauty hold a plea,
whose action is no stronger than a flower?
Oh, how shall summer's honey breath hold out
against the wreckful siege of battering days
when rocks impregnable are not so stout
nor gates of steel so strong but time decays?
Oh, fearful mediation, where alack,
shall time's best treasure from time's chest lay hid,
and what strong foot, can hold his swift foot back?
Or his spoil of beauty can forbid?
On none, unless this miracle might
that in black ink, my love may still shine bright.
Well, I guess that's about all for now! Till next time, bye!
Now please enjoy some pictures:
reading aloud to Baby
I'm sick, just like Mommy!
"I'm feeding the poor"
dressed as St. Cecilia & playing music


1 comment:
I think you are the best student ever! You have such passion about everything you do! Thanks for sharing your blog! I loved the Shakespeare poem -although I cannot imagine memorizing it! Enjoy your thanksgiving week! We will miss your family here! Love, Auntie Anne
Post a Comment