Hey everyone! How are you all? I'm
doing pretty well, especially 'cause it's finally Friday! This week
was pretty wacky. Mom got sick on Tuesday, and so all the things we
did together had to be bumped to the end of the week, and maybe even
onto next week. She's been laying in bed all these days trying to get
better. In the mean time, I’ve had complete-or almost complete-care
of Baby. I started a routine with her; I would get her up and wash
her up, get her dressed, and take her down to eat. Then, while she
was eating, I would start on school-if I hadn't already while she
slept. When she was finished eating, she would be content for a while
just playing on her own. By the time she needed attention, I was
done-or almost done with school. Then I would read aloud to her my
school book “St. Mary Margaret” and she would play quietly while
she listened. When I was finished with the reading assignment, we
watched Angelina Ballerina. After that, we ate lunch, or played, or
she played quietly while I did some of my stuff. Mom's a little bit
better now, and will hopefully be completely better by next week, but
as for now, we'll do what we can!
I had cotillion on Tuesday. My teacher
Mrs. B loves having pictures for her website, and I love taking
pictures with my new photography skills, so I asked if I could take
pictures during the class. She said yes, and I got like a hundred!
I'll only share with you some though, as there are a ton!
I actually have another dance today
called a Ceili. (Bonus: try and find the right pronunciation of Ceili
and comment with it!) It is Irish folk dancing, and this is my first
time going. My friend told me about it when I saw her at the Family
Rosary-I’ll tell you about that in a minute.- I am driving with her
to it because it is really far away. I've never gone before, but if I
like it, maybe I’ll start going!
The Family Rosary was on Saturday,
chronologically I should have started with that, but why not save the
best for last? There's this one homeschool family who holds a Family
Rosary twice a year. Everyone goes to their house bringing snacks and
goodies, drinks, etc. Then we all hang around for a while before
praying the Rosary. Once the rosary is finished, the get together
lasts for a few hours. Everyone eats, plays, talks, or hangs out with
friends. I saw my friend M.S.;remember, the one I did science with
last year? I haven't seen her for a while so it was nice to talk with
her again. I also met her friend AA. M.S. Told me about the Ceili,
and that's who I’m driving with. I hope it will be loads of fun!
At the Rosary, Baby had lots of fun playing on the playground. M.S.'s
dad took a picture of everyone, which I'm sharing with you in the
pictures.
Photo Gallery
Still playing Dragon Warrior
You're not list-e-n-ing to me!
imitating Daddy
leaf pile fun!
Baby & Mommy
crashed!
Portrait Practice at Photography Class
pictures edited with techniques our teacher recommended
Well, that's about it for this
week-don't worry, blogs come every week! 'Till next time, BYE!



3 comments:
Is it CHAY lee?
You are such a blessing to your mom!! Thank you so much for taking care of everything while she was sick this week! You are so grown up! Thank you for being you!!!! You are the best kid ever!!!! Thanks for sharing your blog too! I love it! Auntie A.
Hi Miss Joyce!
We'd heard it pronounced two ways. Mom thought it was CHAY lee and I thought KAY LEE. My Mom asked her friend who speaks Irish, and he said: "I would go with KAY-LEE. I presume that you're speaking English, so that the rules of Irish grammar that cause softening- lenition-seimhiu don't come into play." I don't know what that last part means! But, I'll go with his advice. Thanks for playing along!
Post a Comment