Happy Friday in October everyone!
Notice the new background? I wanted a very cool Halloween background
I found, but it wasn't working, so we have this one. Festive isn't
it? The Month of October is one of my favorites. Halloween,
Halloween parties, All Saint's Day Parties, Fall festivals,
and....Baby's Birthday! She's going to be four! For all of
September, we told her “when's your birthday?” “Next month!”
But now, we ask her, and she's so convinced it's still “next month”
that she throws a fit every time we tell her otherwise. Ha-ha! This
week, I have some really cool poems to share with you. But first, let
me tell you something about a tradition in our neighborhood.
Every October, we do something called
“Boo!-ing” No, not bowling, boo!ing as in a ghost say's BOO!
Well, when you boo someone, you take some candy, and a “BOO!”
sign and leave them at two neighbor's doorsteps after ringing the
door bell. Then you run and hide. It's kind of like ding-dong-ditch,
except you get candy. On the “BOO!” sign, there is usually a note
or poem telling you to put the “BOO!” sign on your door, and BOO
two other neighbors. Then you watch the Boo!ing spread, and soon
everyone on the street has a little ghost on their door, as
BOO! signs normally have a ghost on them. Well, I have always
been booed before I even knew we were starting, so this year, I
started the booing! And, I made my own original poem for it!
Unfortunately, you are supposed to boo another person within two
days, and neither person I’ve booed has, and it's already been
maybe a week. So now Im going to boo some more people tonight. :P Oh
well, here's the poem:
Hello! I'm a ghost!
I was left at your door
along with some goodies,
you'll like them for sure!
Now could you please hang me
upon you're front door,
then copy this paper
and boo two neighbors more!
Give the copied ghost friends
along with some treats
to two more front steps
up or down this street!
Thank you for reading,
and accepting the boo,
Please enjoy the candy
Boo's left here for you!
You like? Well, if you do, you'll the
next poem too:
The sun broke through
the clouds of soft gray
and warmed the grass
where in the field lay
The grass stretched up
to the warmth for hours
and basked in the glow
of the Great Golden Flower.
I enjoyed writing that one.
Let's see, what other things have I
done this week that would interest you? Well, On Saturday, I went to
Dollar Tree to shop for party supplies for the Halloween Party I am
having! What else?.....On the feast our Our Lady of the Rosary we
made rosaries out of m&m's! Well, baby made her's out of
Sixlets, which are a kind of nut-free off-brand m&m, I guess.
Here's baby in the “special bed” we
are getting ready to sell. She's too big for it now! Little baby's
growing up!
Here's baby playing with a balloon. How
she got her legs twisted up like that, I’ll never know! Oh well..
Till next time, BYE! AND HAPPY
OCTOBER! :D
1 comment:
Whoops I left a comment but didn't save it correctly -here it goes again! Thanks for the fun filled blog! Love the new background! Loved the boo'ing and the new poem you created to go with the occasion! Thanks as well for the reminder of baby's bday - I lost my calendar when I went to NYC - so I'm a little befuddled. . .but will get it together hopefully! Enjoy a great fall weekend! Love Auntie A
Post a Comment