Wednesday, October 2, 2013

poem, books, beach

written Friday, September 27
(It took awhile to select pictures to share with you!)
 
Hey everyone! So, are you ready to read this week's blog? Get ready! I have written a cool poem, and a book report on this history book called Factory Girl.

In poetry, I was learning about stressed and unstressed syllables.  To read the poem focusing on that, clap on the bold syllables and snap on the others.  :-)

A Smile From a Flower

There was once a pretty flower
And it sat there by a tree.
And hour after hour,
It would smile back at me.

So ev'ry day I'd go back
to under the tree and sit.
And as it smiled at me,
I would smile back at it.

Here's the link to my Factory Girl book report:
Did you like it? I hope so!

Last week, I mentioned I was writing a review of a book I read for Confirmation prep. Here's that review: 

Yesterday, Baby and I had some fun with food coloring and paper towels. We used coffee filters and markers to make pretty flowers. Then, we “tie-dyed” paper towels and made peacocks with them. After that, we made a “tree” out of toilet paper rolls, blue tape, and tooth picks to attach the creations to. Here it is! While squeezing the paper towels-soaked-in-dye out, my hands got a little stained...to say the least! Haha! here's a picture of them:

This is now the centerpiece of our kitchen table!

Another fun thing I should mention is that last week our family went to the beach with my grandma. It was SO much fun! Here are only some of the pictures from that awesome vacation! 
 Grandma, Mom, Me
Baby playing in what she called the "baby beach"
my sea monster
one of the cool things in the condo
souvenirs...anklet & super cool flip-flops!

Photo Gallery
with my Grandma <3
baby made an ice pack into a crown, lol!
"matching" stripes :-)
Baby doing Algebra with me
Baby wanted to be Mother Mary with Baby Jesus & St. Joseph
Baby "reading" Science!
I'm really getting into taking cool pictures... here are a few

Till next time!


























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning! I'm not working today so I got to read your blog hot off the press! Loved, Loved, Loved all the pics from vaca! What a great time - Nice picture of you , and your mom, and her mom!
Looks like you and baby know how to have fun AND learn! Keep up the hard work! Auntie A