Saturday, October 19, 2013

I'm So Glad It's Friday!

Hello everyone! How was your week? I am so glad it's Friday! But I’ll have a busy weekend! I am having my Confirmation interview this afternoon, and right after that, I am volunteering at a festival at my church. Then on Saturday, I am working games at my old school's Fall Festival. I am working a connect-four game booth and a hair chalking booth. so..yeah!

This week wasn't terribly exciting. Mostly the same subjects as normal: Math, grammar, science, handwriting, etc. But I did go to my second Cotillion class on Tuesday. I am a volunteer this year. Basically, I put out the students' name tags, -and alphabetize them- welcome the kids in, file them into line in a 'boy-girl-boy-girl' pattern, and help if anyone's having trouble dancing. I also help our teacher to demonstrate dances or etiquette. If anyone is talking while our teacher Ms. B. is talking, or not doing what they're supposed to, I go over to them and sort it out. The other volunteers have these jobs too, but so far, not many volunteers show up. I love getting dressed up for the class, and I like volunteering, so it's a perfect combination! Too bad the classes are only once a month!

My older sister came home on Sunday. She, my mom, and I played games until late at night on Monday. We played Pirates of the Caribbean Life, Monopoly, and Rummikub. She went back to school on Tuesday, but she'll home at Thanksgiving! 
 
Now enjoy some pictures!

Baby's new favorite toy is “Skellie” the skeleton. She takes it everywhere, plays with it, and asks to sleep with it! One day, the first thing she said when she woke up was “Where's Skeleton?” Haha! How are we related?
 
helping Skellie suck her thumb
putting Skellie to bed

I found a “dead” moth on the floor the other day. I got some pictures, including some through a magnifying glass. When I got toilet paper to throw the moth away, and tried to pick it up, I was very startled when it started to buzz around! It was pathetic. It buzzed in a circle, never leaving the ground. It was like a broken tinker-toy. I got a short movie of it buzzing. Then, I took it outside and raised my hand hoping it would fly off, but it couldn't. I put it on a flower, but it buzzed off and fell to the ground. I don't know what happened after that, but in the thick leaves of the flowering plant, it was safe from hungry birds....

cool shot of a tree in our yard

baby's new hat (and gloves)

silly baby!

big sister & little sister



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Thanks for sharing your blog! Your week sounded a lot like mine -same old , same old! Cotillion sounds like something to really look forward to! Your sister's visit sounded like a blast! Baby's strange transfixion with skele is a hoot! Thanks for sharing and have a great week!