Thursday, January 17, 2013

Supreme Kentucky Poem

Hey guys! Hey look! It’s ‘next time’! My blog is on time! This is the second blog after Christmas break so far, and I have a feeling it is going to be a lot more interesting.

First order of business-for my project on Kentucky, I made a three-D model of Kentucky. Here is a picture, and a video tour:

Video tour - click here:  
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BypPK1qIEGuTSXhjcmczYzRWRE0/edit

Now on to poetry. I am sure you can’t wait to see what poems I have come up with this week! Here is one:
Cheetah tell me,
when you race across the ground,
And your heart will go pound, pound,
Do not your feet get tired,
Or even feel expired?
Well, child
That’s not how it works,
When I sprint across the dirt,
For I have pads upon my feet,
They allow me not to miss a beat,
When I’m chasing living meat.


How do you like that one, hmm?

Now for the last subject of this blog, and personally my favorite: science. Now for this science project, I had to combine animal parts of my choice to make an entirely new animal, and give reasons for why I chose these things. Most people would choose a few animals, combine them, and then give the reason “I like it” or “it’s pretty.”  Well, I had a different vision in mind. I Google searched what animal could dig the best-badger, what animal could run the fastest-cheetah, what animal had the best hearing-bats or barn owls, I chose bats, what animal had the best eyesight-eagle, and of course, the animal with most illusion-the peacock. Here is my combination: 


I named it Summum Creatura, which literally means supreme creature…supreme was one of my spelling words! Yay! I think I might go as the Summum Creatura for Halloween!

Photo Gallery

baby's "writing" with toy corn, lol!
Mother Mary & Baby Jesus :-)
 

My Cotillion Dress
I wanted a new dress for Cotillion and decided to use the fabric I had on hand to design & make one.  Here's my inspiration picture I found online.  
And, here's my dress!  I even made a matching purse!
 
Well, once again, until next time, BYE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mia - you are so splendid!! I loved the poem, loved the beautiful creature you created, and the dress you divined! You are the Number One Home Schooled Kid Ever!

Thanks for sharing your blog!

Love,

Auntie Anne

Anonymous said...

Mia, I love your dress!! You have such a talent for making and designing them. Love the pics too. You look so grown up in the lime shiny top. Gorgeous!!

Aunt Patty said...

Your dress is beautiful! Angela &I just got a sewing machine and her goal is to make a dress by the end of this year. Do you think that' s a reasonable goal? I can' t remember how long you' 've been sewing