Friday, January 11, 2013

Back to School


Hello everyone! How nice it is to write a blog again, hmm? I have lots for you. 

First of all, we are studying the Constitution. I memorized the Preamble! (clears throat)
"We the people, of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."  


I also wrote a mneumonic device to help memorize what is in each Article of the Constitution:
LET'S EAT JELLY SANDWICHES AND STAXS RIGHT NOW!
Let's - Legislative Power (Article I)
Eat - Executive Power (Article II)
Jelly - Judicial Power (Article III)
Sandwiches -States' Powers (Article IV)
And - Amending the Constitution (Article V)
Staxs - Supremacy of Federal Power (Article VI)
Right now! -  Ratification Process (Article VII)

Pretty cool, huh? 

Now I am going to share with you all my poems from this week.

A Limerick
There was once a young child named Billy.
Who standing outside found it chilly.
Yet he stood there all day,
In a shivering way,
Which to you or to me seems quite silly.

A Cinquain
Stories.
Inspiring, entertaining.
Acting, singing, dancing.
Big in my life,
Theater.

A "Who Am I?" Poem
They say it‘s wrong to lie about who you are,
But here if you do that, then you‘ll be a star.
The participants here, they get pretty wild.
Even professionals, they act like a child!
They dress pretty weird here, In different attire,
They‘ll hide who they are, you may call them a liar.
They pretend to not know someone, who maybe they do,
And they do all this just to entertain you!

Like the poems? Here is one more:


A Shape Poem (in which the words visually represent the subject of the poem)
(click on it to enlarge)

There you are. All my poems from this week. I’ll give you more next week! I know it’s a short blog, but we had a short week. 


Photo Gallery

some pictures from Christmas


some pictures from my New Year's Eve party

did you know it's the Year of the Snake?
So, I made a snake cake!

Baby watching her favorite - Veggie Tales Silly Songs
She can now plug in & play the dvd player by herself!!

Till next time, bye!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEllo Mia and household! Thanks for sending the blog! You know how I love to keep up with your studies!! LOVED the poems! Very creative and clever! Love, Love, Love, Auntie Anne