Hey Guys! Last week was really busy & lots of fun! First, I am going to tell you about the Girl’s Night Out I went to, then I am going to tell you about the Nutcracker Suite, last is the photo gallery. Ready, set, go!
Well, let’s see, on Saturday, I went to M.S.’s house for a Girl’s Night Out along with many other middle school homeschool girls. The first thing we did was play Mafia. This game is where every one sits in a circle, doesn’t have to be precise. There is one person who doesn’t sit in the circle. He/she is the narrator (n.). The n. will tell every one to “fall asleep”…close your eyes, and then n will go around the circle and tap two people. If you are tapped once, you are Mafia, if you are tapped twice, you are the doctor. Then n will say “Mafia wake up” mafia will look up. “Mafia who do you want to kill?” Mafia will point to some one. “Mafia go to sleep” Mafia closes his/her eyes. “doctor wake up.” Doctor looks up. “Doctor who do you want to save?” Doctor points to some one, it could be him/herself. “Doctor go to sleep.” Doctor closes his/her eyes. Next, n says “Everyone wake up.” They do so. Then, if the Doctor had pointed to the same person Mafia pointed to, no one gets killed, and so the story might go like this: “Well, Kate was walking last night into the street, and didn’t see the car Mafia was driving, so she got hit, thankfully, the doctor came right in time so you were saved.” if Mafia pointed to someone the doctor didn’t point to, the story might go something like this. “well, Lisa, last night, mafia stabbed you and the doctor was to busy saving someone else so, your dead.” If that is the case, then people can guess who mafia is. Who ever has the most votes of being Mafia is put on trial. Then, people vote to kill them, or let them live. The majority wins. If the person is killed, they go and join the other dead people. If Mafia is killed, then the game is over. If they kill the doctor, then everyone in the game is doomed.
We had an ornament exchange next. Then we made ginger bread houses! Well, actually we just decorated them; they were pre-made. Mine looks like there is a gummy bear in the front yard shoveling snow, and another gummy bear on the roof making a snow angel, but in reality, the evil brother bear is holding a glue stick, and has glued his sister to the roof. I love it. Then we played more games including more Mafia, and J’accuse, and then we all talked.
Well, let’s see, on Saturday, I went to M.S.’s house for a Girl’s Night Out along with many other middle school homeschool girls. The first thing we did was play Mafia. This game is where every one sits in a circle, doesn’t have to be precise. There is one person who doesn’t sit in the circle. He/she is the narrator (n.). The n. will tell every one to “fall asleep”…close your eyes, and then n will go around the circle and tap two people. If you are tapped once, you are Mafia, if you are tapped twice, you are the doctor. Then n will say “Mafia wake up” mafia will look up. “Mafia who do you want to kill?” Mafia will point to some one. “Mafia go to sleep” Mafia closes his/her eyes. “doctor wake up.” Doctor looks up. “Doctor who do you want to save?” Doctor points to some one, it could be him/herself. “Doctor go to sleep.” Doctor closes his/her eyes. Next, n says “Everyone wake up.” They do so. Then, if the Doctor had pointed to the same person Mafia pointed to, no one gets killed, and so the story might go like this: “Well, Kate was walking last night into the street, and didn’t see the car Mafia was driving, so she got hit, thankfully, the doctor came right in time so you were saved.” if Mafia pointed to someone the doctor didn’t point to, the story might go something like this. “well, Lisa, last night, mafia stabbed you and the doctor was to busy saving someone else so, your dead.” If that is the case, then people can guess who mafia is. Who ever has the most votes of being Mafia is put on trial. Then, people vote to kill them, or let them live. The majority wins. If the person is killed, they go and join the other dead people. If Mafia is killed, then the game is over. If they kill the doctor, then everyone in the game is doomed.
We had an ornament exchange next. Then we made ginger bread houses! Well, actually we just decorated them; they were pre-made. Mine looks like there is a gummy bear in the front yard shoveling snow, and another gummy bear on the roof making a snow angel, but in reality, the evil brother bear is holding a glue stick, and has glued his sister to the roof. I love it. Then we played more games including more Mafia, and J’accuse, and then we all talked.
Now I will tell you about the Nutcracker Suite I went to go see. The costumes were beautiful and elaborate, the ballet was terrific, the music was hypnotizing, but I must admit, it was not what I expected. I thought it would be at a theater. That was my first false thought. It was in the middle of the mall. And there were many people already occupying the seats. Then, it turned out that our Cotillion teacher hadn’t reserved any seats, so they had to get extra seats and rope them off for us. Unfortunately, our relief was short-lived. Once we all sat down, we realized that none of us could see because too many adults were in front of us. So, we all ended up standing on this huge Garfield toy. But again, good show.
Photo Gallery
dressing up baby & getting her to pose :-)
Thanksgiving weekend! My sister was home from college.
I set the table for our Thanksgiving feast.
I made a Thanksgiving feast for my Webkinz!
making fun for baby with the box from the new dishwasher
I turned it into a playhouse for her.
Catch a leopard by the tail!
Baby loves to match!
sister snuggles
haha!! Baby's first taste of marshmallows...
It stuck to the roof of her mouth &
she begged for Mom to take it out!
(don't worry, she's laughing, not crying!)
Well, I guess that’s about it. See yah later.

2 comments:
I love your writing style. Looks like you have lots of fun!!
Hello Mia!
Thanks for sharing your week's ed-ventures! The pictures are a great addition to the blog - I must learn visually!! My fav was baby looking up to you adoringly dressed the same as you!!
You are awesome as is your wonderful family!
Love, Auntie Anne
Post a Comment