Saturday, December 8, 2012

Even Busier Week!

Hey everyone!    Last week, as you all know, was very busy. However, this week was an even busier week! Hence, the title. 

Well, where do I start? How about with Monday. That was theater day. At theater that week, we played a really fun game. One person went to the “stage” and chose a pose. For the pose, they said what they were doing. For example, if some one walked to the front, pretended to sit in a chair and acted (quietly) like they were crying, they could say “ I am a child in time out.” Then they would freeze in that position. Then another person would go up, and add on to the scene. Example: Someone goes up, takes the pose of someone about to smack the ‘child’, then says “I am the dad about to spank the child for breaking all the china which is why he is in time out.” After that, another person sticks a pointer finger out, puts her hand on her hips, and opens her mouth. “I am the mother about to scold the child for breaking all the fine china.” Then, the teacher says “and the story comes to life.” Suddenly, the story begins to move. The child starts crying loudly, the mother starts scolding, and the father pretends to slap the child. It is a very fun game. In the one I was in, it was “I am a banana.” I went up: “I am a dog about to eat the banana.” “I am the kid about to hit the dog for eating my banana.” “I am the mother about to slap the kid for slapping the dog” believe it or not, the story does not always involve slapping! Lol. Well, the teacher can also tell us to rewind, in which case we go backwards in time,  or fast forward, in which case we go forward in time. It is a really awesome game.

The next busy day was Tuesday. Tuesday night I had my Christmas Cotillion Ball. It was very fun. I wore a pretty, deep blue dress, a ‘diamond’ necklace and tiara, and my new silver heels. Here is a picture.

This one shows the tiara better.
 
The first thing we did at Cotillion was find a seat and listen to Mrs. B. as she told us the plan for the night. After that, the dancing started. We learned a new dance too! We had to carry around these dance slips, and then when we did special dances, we had to write down who we danced with. After a few dances, we all had snack. Then we started dancing again. At the end of class, we each got a candy cane. I got a blue raspberry jolly rancher flavored one.

Wednesday was the REALLY busy day. But it was also really fun. I got together with a few other homeschooler friends at a charity. They receive donations of new & gently used toys and give them to very poor children & families.  We were all going to wrap toys for families for Christmas. When we got inside, we realized that we would have to sort hundreds of toys first. After sorting, we each wrapped presents making them beautiful. We all talked while we wrapped, and took frequent short breaks. During these breaks, we sat on the mountain of stuffed animals. We worked there for 5.5 hours. Afterwards, I got McDonalds!

On Thursday, Mom and I went to go see the play Charlotte’s Web. It was a great play. The costumes were great, as well as the set.

Today there is nothing to do ~ except school of course, and if I have time, which I probably will, I am going to work on my Galadriel costume. I am going to go see The Hobbit with my friends.  We are all (well most of us) dressing up like a character; I am going as Galadriel.  You'll have to wait until my next blog to see it!
 

Photo Gallery

Baby with the reindeer out front.
petting it
feeding it ~ I hope the reindeer likes that leaf~ lol
running to give more leaves to the reindeer
Baby adding straw to our good deeds manger
She's so silly!
Till next time, BYE!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! You have the best life ever!! What a fantastic week. I want to play that theatre game when you come for Christmas!! Sounds like a blast! Your picture in the ball gown was STUNNING! What a beauty you are! Love the pics of putting the Christmas decorations outside!! Request: picture of your tree!! Can't wait to see your hobbit costume - way to leave audience hungry for more!!