Sorry I haven't posted for a few weeks. I wrote the blog entries, but we didn't get around to publishing them.
Blog
Entry for Sept 21
Hello
again! I am glad to write this particular blog. On Wednesday, I
tried this new thing. It is a half school day thing. I go in early,
and I really mean early! Then, well, how about I just let you read
this report I wrote for this new school topic called HOE - it stands
for Hands On Essays. So, here you go!
Blog
Entry for Sept 28
Hey
guys! Since I was visiting my Grandma starting Thursday, we
took the whole week off! So I am sorry you didn't get the blog till
now but oh well. I can at least tell you about my time visiting my
Grandma, and cousins, and aunts and uncles, etc....
We
drove 8 hours to my Grandma's rest home. When we got there, we just
talked, and finally, we went down to the dining hall, and had dinner.
After that, we hung out some more, and then left for “home”. We
went to sleep. When I woke up, everyone else was already awake. It
was Friday! So that meant we got to meet my Aunt A at the rest home.
We talked with Aunt A and Grandma for a while, and then played cards.
My aunt did my hair. She was going to do baby's hair too, but baby
didn't like it.
Finally,
I went over to Aunt A's house for a sleepover. We were the only ones
there for the night, besides the dog, so it was girls' night! We got
a pizza and two movies. We went down to the basement and ate pizza
while we watched Mirror Mirror. Best movie ever! Millions of times,
I have been asked the question “what is your favorite movie?” and
I have never had an answer. Now I do. And Mirror Mirror is it. Well,
once the movie was over, it was hair and make up time! Aunt A wanted
me to spike her hair, but I couldn't get the “goo” to work, so I
sparkled her hair instead. Then I did her make up semi-normal. Here
is a picture of that:
Next,
I decided I didn't like normal, so I made it into a peacock. It
looked SO cool! Here is a picture:
Then,
she did my hair. She calls it an inverse braid. Then she did my make
up. Nothing exotic like the peacock. But still pretty cool! I STILL
have eyeliner on. Haha. After make up, we were fully awake again, so
we watched The Lorax. It wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't a movie
I would watch again. The music in it was entertaining, but it just
wasn't worth it. Well, then we went to bed.
The
next day, while everyone went on errands and such, I stayed home,
baked brownies, and watched Mirror Mirror again. Haha! Right about
the second time watching it that day, my cousin Angel and my Aunt P
came over. My Aunt P dropped us both off at a market like thing that
was going on that day. We went “tent shopping” and looked at a
lot of cool nicknacks, and over-priced homemade things, and a really
pretty dress booth. Then we went into a candy store and got some
candy. After that, we started to walk back home. But, we got lost.
So my parents had to pick us up.
After
Mass there was going to be a “party” dinner thing at Aunt A's
house. So we went over there, and Angel and I decorated the house
with fall décor that we found in the garage along with a box of
costumes, but more on that later. Soon, people started arriving,
along with my cousin J. J, Angel, and I all went outside and tried
on costumes. It was very fun. After that, we all ate dinner with
everyone. After dinner was over, we went down stairs, along with yet
another cousin, N, and we all played Security Guard and the Clay,
which is really called Queen and the Statues. Basically, one person
is the queen, or in our case, the security guard, and all the others
are “statues”. The queen turns around, and whenever her back is
towards them, the “statues” can move, but as soon as she turns
around, they have to freeze. In our version, the queen got to move
the statues in whatever way she wanted. It was very entertaining.
We also played twister.
After all the people upstairs had left, and
we were the only ones there, we all went upstairs to eat the brownies
I had cooked, and to play a game called Left Right Center. If you
want to know what Left Right Center is, please email me and I will
tell you. Then, we all went home. My dad couldn't sleep, so we
ended up leaving for real home, at around 2ish in the morning. Yeah,
I know. I slept the entire ride home!
Photo Gallery 1 - Misc.
Baby playing on her Sit N Spin
My Science Experiment
Making cupcakes for CSH - well actually they were for Co-Op,
but the potluck plan changed, so I took them to CSH!
Photo Gallery 2 - our trip
Grandma & Baby
Angel & Baby
Aunt P & Baby
J, R, C, Baby & Grandma
trying on costumes
Well,
that's really all I have to say this week, so as I said last year,
till next time, bye!
1 comment:
Great summary of your trip north - of course I especially loved the pictures of yours truly - ME. . .you did a spectacular job on make up!! Did you see my new profile pic? You are one of a kind! Love, Auntie A
Post a Comment