Written Oct 22nd
Hey guys! Last week was really fun. We went to family day at my Dad‘s work! It was really cool. There were many “blow ups” and some rides. The pictures really show you the fun we had. There was a giant slide we went on and free food! Free everything actually. I also played balloon darts and won. I think Baby had the most fun. Here are some pics.
Now, one request was to hear about the animals I am studying. Well, right now I am studying felines. That’s right. But it isn’t just cats. They include hyenas, aardwolves, viverridae, herpestidae, mongoose, and meerkats. Everyone knows what meerkats and hyenas are, at least they should, from the hit movie the lion king. As for the others, I am just learning about them. Next week I can tell you more. Someone emailed me telling me to write about what I have learned about North Carolina. But I actually haven’t read about that yet. When I do I will be sure to write about It. So anyway, lets see. What else did I do last week?
How about theater? Hmm? We played lots of games, but we mostly worked on our ensemble number, “mama says” from foot loose. Today, we are going to get our “solos” witch are actually trios. But games of course were the best. Lately we have been playing a game called j‘accuse. Or something like that. I may have told you about it. It is where everyone lays down, or in our case, dies the most dramatic and silent death they can, and our teacher picks the best death and taps them on the shoulder. No one knows who has been picked, since of course, everyone has their eyes closed. When the killer is picked the teacher tells everyone to get up. This is a silent game. Everyone goes around shaking everyone else’s hands. The killer tickles the inside of every hand she shakes. The person who has been tickled, waits for a little bit, and then, all of the sudden, “dies.” The game keeps on going until someone figures out who the killer is and yells “j‘accuse!” Then, if she is correct, the game is over. If not, then she has to die. We also have vocal warm ups. They may seem easy, but try it yourself. It is hard. We repeat what ever she says. “these are my articulacy tools. The lips the teeth the tip of the tongue” try to say THAT five times fast! Also try to say this next one even just once, fast. “red leather yellow leather.” we also have these… “bababa gagaga dadada cacaca. You will notice, that your tongue rubs the inside of your mouth differently for each. For “gagaga” your tongue is back. For dadada, your toungue is forward. At the end of each class, we all go down on the floor. The teacher turns off the lights, and we have what she calls “quiet time/meditation time.” she tells us things to think about. We think about them, and at the very end, she tells us to repeat the following: “I am beautiful. I am wonderful. I am an actor. I am awesome” and stuff like that.
Ok then. I think my favorite school subject is Hands On Essays. Next week, I’ll share my revised essay of trick or treat vs. all saints day party. I don’t think there is anything more I can share about last week’s hands on essays, but you know.
Well, now I think I will tell you about something awesome!!!!! BABY’S BIRTHDAY IS TOMORROW! I am going to bake a cake today. It is a rainbow cake, at baby’s request.
The last thing I will write about for this blog, is my absolute favorite thing for school, catholic school house. At catholic school house we stopped studying leaves and started, drum roll please, chemistry. We mixed certain amounts of colored water, making epic colors, and writing down the recipe as we went. Then, the teacher picked one color that she liked, and we all had to follow the recipe, to make the same color. Most of us got it. Another thing in csh, was history. Now, I accidentally got the wrong paper a while ago, so I did that assignment, so I am ahead of my history class by three weeks. In art it is finally something “up my ally”. WE ARE DOING POTTERY. We get to mold, and carve and paint our own pottery! Last week we only design what we were going to do.
So anyway, that’s all I have to tell you today, but don’t worry, next week will be an even awesomer blog. So, yeah. Bye!!! Don’t eat any cars! oh,. And happy late chocolate cup cake day! Yay!
Photo Gallery
1 comment:
Loved to hearing about school and outside school activites! Loved the pics - I especially loved the screened porch dining! Sweet! Got to love your NC weather! Did Sandy have any effect on you and your state? We had two large (over 10" in diameter) limbs come down at the lake -Uncle Rude went up today with his chain saw! Looks like your dad's company had one very cool party for families! Love you Mia - keep up the hard work! Love Auntie Anne
Post a Comment