This post was written Feb 7. Our unexpected travel over the past few weeks delayed our posting.
Last week, we didn’t really do any school. Why? You might ask. Well my whole family went to Ohio last week to help out my grandparents. But I did manage to write a poem. Here it is:
It falls little
Bits at first
Shines in better,
Or for worst.
Glimmering brighter
than a star,
could be near,
but could be far.
Ohio still has
A blazing sun,
Even after
winter’s begun.
White as anything
At all
Pure and white
I watch it fall.
I run out
It’s like a dream
Tasting little
Sunshine streams.
It is a
Gift from heaven above,
Like flecks of pure,
And special love.
I wrote this poem after snow flurries fell the first day we came. My cousin’s and I went to the park. Almost like a long recess! We pretended that we were wolves in a snow storm. There were a bunch of “tube slides” and we pretended they were dens. We raced inside each one, and tried fiercely to stay in, and not slide out. It was really fun. One cousin I call banana and the other I call lava. Long back story. But I will tell you the short one. While I was there last week, lava and I were kinda bored. So we decided to tell each other stories. I went first. The story was about her. I say her name a lot, so I will replace her name with this: (**$**) Ta-Da! Ok so here’s the story.
“once upon a time, in a far away land, there lived a little girl named (**$**). Now, little (**$**) loved to wonder around. One day, while wondering about, she came across what she saw as a small mountain. She went home and gathered climbing supplies. Little (**$**) went back to the mountain the next morning, first thing. She started to climb it. When little (**$**) got close to the top, instead of getting cold, she got warm. “I’ll have to tell my teacher that she is teaching wrong” little (**$**) thought. But little (**$**) kept on climbing. Soon, she realized no snow was there. Just burned ground. Little (**$**) was ready to give her teacher a lecture on mountains. Little (**$**) finally reached the top. When she did, she saw a strange site. A big whole at the top of the mountain. She looked in. she saw steam, and red goo. It was hot. She dropped a pencil in on a fishing line. When she brought it up, it was gone. “volcano” she whispered. “or maybe, hot tub! But this is to hot” little (**$**) thought. I must cool it down.” She got out some ice cubes. Little (**$**) through the ice cubes into the lava. “that should do it.” little (**$**) then grabbed hold of a vine, and screaming like Tarzan, jumped into the volcano. Many little girls were named (**$**) after the volcano ceremony. It was considered an honor. And like their mentor, they all would jump into a volcano. Later, a hot tub spa was named after her. The hut tubs were shaped like volcano’s. and they had little plastic ice cubes in them. And right now, little (**$**) is at the bottom of the volcano throwing an awesome party with all the other little (**$**)’s. and their food is ice cubs. The end.”
Yep. That’s my story. And that is how (**$**) got her nick name: lava.
Now, I didn’t do much else, and so, till’ next time, bye!
Photo Gallery
on the drive to Ohio
with some of our cousins
Grandma & Me
Baby watching Daddy work outside
sitting with Grandpa
Monopoly Deal!
Mom, Baby & Grandpa
Baby LOVED our aunt's dog!
wiped out...on the drive home
car silliness
1 comment:
Hi Mia!
Great to understand the origin of Lava's nickname! Loved the pictures - I think your mom has become an excellent photo journalist! Awesome pics! The last one with baby is TOO cute!!!
LOve,
Auntie A
PS - We really need to plan your summer getaway!
Post a Comment