Yes, I know. You only understood 1/3 of this title. I know. But as always, I will walk you through it. Now, of course, you already know what the first part of the title means. So please, I hope you enjoy my second addition to the “wolf saga”. remember last weeks poem? The wolf one? Well this one is a “follow up” to that one. So please enjoy.
There it is
Our new home
Only here,
May you play and roam.
It is safe here
There’s no danger
There are none of those
Hunting strangers.
Don’t you like our
Big warm den?
Where you can sleep
Safe again?
Or these hills
Where you can howl
Where there’s no hunter
at which to growl?
Maybe your favorite
Feature are the
Waterfalls
And the scenery
One of the
Best things here
Are the rabbits
And the deer.
It is perfect here
I think
Here the sky
Turns orange and pink
This is the perfect place,
Where we can live in peace
Where food is always plentiful,
And our worries finally cease.
Did you like it? I know I did! Now to figure out 2/3 sections of the title.
So I bet you are wondering: “what is with this hagsfiends nonsense?” well, as you probably know, I am reading the book series Guardians of Ga’hoole. So there is a character that I like. His name was Nyroc, but he changed it to Coryn. So I was trying to make a clay sculpture of him flying with the ember of Hoole. Now in this series, there are these horrible hagsfiends. They love war, and they will kill the owls. But, any one could do that. It’s the way they kill the owls is the difference. They will rip apart an owl. Then they will mount it’s head on to an ice sword. Really gruesome if you ask me. Well, the oven was the hagsfiend to my sculpture. I really wish we had gotten a picture of it before the attack of the oven, but we didn’t. so try to imagine, (if you possibly can,) what it looked like before. It used to be amazing. Well here it is now.
Nyroc has been...dun-dun-dun...attacked...by...hagsfiends!
My mom said: “well maybe you could fix it?” I replied: “it has been attacked by hagsfiends, by definition, it can not be fixed.” sigh. Well, I don’t know what to do with it now, so I guess I will try to make another one.
Anyways, I am sure you are all wondering the same thing. Well stop wondering and start reading! First, Imagine sitting on a beautiful wintry day by a still lake. Maybe, a few snow flakes fall, and you examine them. Minute by minute, you see the lake turn icy. It is a wonderful beautiful, peaceful site. You breath in deeply. Now, Imagine…pulling off your warm mittens, and sinking your hands deep into the lake! Whoa! right?
Now. Imagine you are a beluga whale. Swimming so happily in the same freezing cold lake. Yet, you feel warm as ever. How is this? Did it turn to summer? No. did you purchase a heating generator? No again. You have BLUBBER. Yes blubber. Now, how does it keep you warm? Well, in science, we found out. So first, we got two big bowls. Then, we filled them 1/3 of the way with ice. After that, we filled them with water. Next, we put one big plastic glove on one hand. Then, we put 1 or 2 inches of Vaseline all over the glove. Then, we put another glove over the glove of Vaseline. Then, on the other hand, we put two gloves. We had a timer. One person would put both hands into the separate bowls. You would set the timer. Then, see how much longer you could keep the blubber hand in the water. Get blubberfied! haha.
M.S. lasted 1 min 2 seconds in the ice cold water.
me doing, the "numb! numb! numb!" dance. I lasted 43 sec.
WITH OUT any blubber, M. lasted 2 min 28 seconds!
Photo Gallery
baby giving "pig back wide, mia mouse." =
piggy back ride for the mouse.
laying in the "beach"
awe. tired baby, still wants ABC's though.
baby trying to "help" check off 'things to do'
"puppy dog read book," "pu-pu book"
Till next time, bye!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh - the pictures were great! Loved the ones with baby of course:) What a cutey pie!! Loved reading the blog as usual - very fun - your sense of humor really comes throughMiss Mia!! Keep having fun learning! I especially loved the oven attack and the blubbeer experiment!!! Wish I had been home schooled by your mom!
Auntie Anne
Post a Comment