Monday, January 16, 2012

Naming Cotillion Poetry

Hello again. Well, I have again written a riddle for a title. And now, I shall talk about it. First I will tell of what “naming” means. Ok, lets begin.

So, in history, we have been learning about the middle ages. Well when they wrote, they didn’t have new chapters, or indents for paragraphs. So they used what we now call: illuminated letters. And so, for our project, I had to write my name in illuminated letters. Illuminated letters were big colorful letters with tiny designs on them. For tiny designs, I used things that I am interested in. here it is:

Now that we had figured out the first word, on to the second. So I go to cotillion. And this month’s “theme” was hats. We all had to wear a cool hat. I only had a sombrero, and I was NOT wearing that to cotillion. So I decided to make one. As I said: “really into wolves:”, so I sewed a wolf hat. Here are some pictures of it.  Like it?
 
 

Now to tell the tale of the
the last word of the riddle,
we’ve spoken of the first,
we’ve figured out the middle,
The last one is the best,
Or so I truly think,
And now to read my poem,
That was first written in blue ink.

Haha. If you guessed poetry, you are very smart! Lol! Now here is my poem. It is about wolves that are running away from hunters. It is NOT saying humans are evil, or at least if it is, only hunters. Lol! Now please enjoy my poem.

We must go,
Follow the pack,
Flow like water,
Don’t look back.

It is coming
Now we must leave
Leave no wolf behind
For It to deceive.

Our pack is one,
We must be going
I will not be the wolf
Who keeps us from flowing.

Metallic sounds
Will fill the night,
If we don’t leave
This place of fright.

The legend says:
They come with sticks
With sharpened points
That kill for kicks.

It says they come
With metal jaws,
They think in which,
We’ll place our paws.

And if we do,
Our time will come
They’ll take our furs,
For we were dumb.

And so my little one, you see,
It is not safe for you and me.
And if we stay,
Then we must face
The horrible beings
Of their race.

The time has come
Let us depart
To follow the spirit
Of our heart.

Did you like it? I love it! 

Photo Gallery
This never happened at my old school...
neither did this...but it's a sweet side of schooling at home! :-)


Well till next time, bye!

1 comment:

Bettyf@wowway.com said...

How did the little one look so tall in all the pink? Was she laying down? or standing up?
Cute!!
Loved the poem about the wolves.
Grandma Betty