Friday, November 18, 2011

The Dinosaur’s Poetry Book

This week I will tell you about my books, poetry, and science.  So sit back, relax and enjoy my blog. 

Now first I will tell you about science.  In science this week, we were studying dinosaurs.  For the project, we took clay, and molded it into a 1” high 5“-6” wide circle.  Then we took hard boiled eggs and hit them with spoons to make them have cracks in them.  After that, we took the cracked egg and pushed it into the clay to make it look like there was an egg there.  Then we took a plastic pterodactyl toy, and pushed it into the clay.  It was supposed to look like a dinosaur coming out of it’s egg.  The impressions didn’t turn out so well though.  It sort of looked like it was supposed to.  After doing the clay, we were supposed to have that clay as a mold, and then mold a dough into it, but it didn’t work well, so we ended up just keeping the mold. 

Now, I will tell you about my books-again.  I am still reading the Ga’Hoole series.  I am on the 6th book!  I finished one book in one night!  I recommend this series so much!  Though the books are the best, the movie I would not recommend.  It cuts out many important things,  and if you have not read the books, it would not make sense.  But enough about the movie, time to talk about the series!

The series is about a band of owls who want to become guardians.  But before they do, they will face many battles.  There is a group of owls called the Pure Ones.  The Pure Ones are trying to take over the world.  They are enslaving the minds of owls with metal things found in pellets called flecks.  The flecks can make an owl’s gizzard still, and it looses it’s will of anything.  They are deadly.  Now the Pure Ones have taken over the largest stock of flecks!  Will the small band of “soon-to-be-guardians” owls save the entire owl kingdom? Or will the Pure Ones rule?  Read the books to find out.

Now since it is near the time of Thanksgiving, in poetry, I wrote a Thanksgiving acrostic poem.  Here it is, hope you enjoy!

Thankful I am for
Having a wonderful family
And for the toys that I have
Nice friends
Knowledge of so much
Songs stories and books
Gifts given and received
I am thankful for the seasons 
Vivid
Imagination
Now I thank
God for all he has given me

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
 My cornucopia brownies
Photo Gallery
being silly
Baby reading science :-)
Baby in a box!
Baby showing me her game
pony rides :-)

‘till next time, bye!

2 comments:

Grandma said...

First off.....please explain what a plastic pterodactyl toy??

Do you fellow classmates understand what a plastic pterodactyl toy is???

Making dinosaur eggs sounds interesting.

I like baby already anxious to learn about science.


I like your acrostic poem, pony rides, and especially your cornocopia brownies. Were they good??

You all have a Happy Thanksgiving also. We are celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow. cousin KR
doesn't have time off from her classes til next week end so we will miss her smiling face.

I believe all of them have places to go on the real Thanksgiving day. It's just very special to celebrate giving Thanks to the Lord for all his many blessings the greatest one being giving himself to die for all sins; so our sins are forgiven when we believe in this free gift of himself.
Enjoy next week off from scheduled school work...but you will probably still learn somethings like how to make yeast rolls.

Grandma Betty

Aunt Patty said...

I love your Thanksgiving poem and the pictures. Back to school this week, eh?