Hi again. I am going to tell you more about my home school adventures. So here goes. Last week was really fun too. I will tell you about theater, science, and poetry. I hope you enjoy!
So this week for poetry, I chose to do a tongue twister. I chose B as my letter. Now this may not be my best poem, but I like to say it. So here it is.
Babies blowing big bubbles below big blue bassinets.
Now another thing I would like to tell you about, is science. In science, we had put out bird feeders. Now a lot of birds come to one of the bird feeders and only a couple go to the other. The difference is the seed. One seed is dark and big. The other seed is small, and light. I sit and watch the birds around 12:00-1:00 but only about ten minutes. This one chickadee keeps coming back, over and over again! It’s so cute! I think that I’m going to name it. We get mourning doves, chickadees, wood peckers, cardinals, blue jays, and many many more!
My "which seed will they like best" experiment
My "which bird bath will they like best" experiment
testing low or high location
Guess they didn't like either - didn't see any birds use them.
Found a bird's nest on the ground!
Watching birds at the feeders & in the yard/trees
Well with that said, I saved the best for last. So here it is. Theater! So Thursday, I went to musical theater class. And what fun it was! We did lots of little things, but the biggest thing we did is what I’m going to write about. We played something kind of like charades, but we couldn’t move. So we were all split up into four teams. And each team had to pick a pose to describe who they were. One team did a spy pose. Another team did a performers pose, where one person was a singer, another an actor, and the other a dancer. That took a while to guess. And the other team did a pose where one person was the mom, one person was the kid who flunked, and the other person was the little sister. It was really funny! So I guess you’re wondering what our team posed as. Well one person in our group was stone. I was staring at her evilly, I was Medusa. And another person was right behind me about to “cut off” my head. He was Persius. It took a long long time for them to guess what we were! It was awesome!
Photo Gallery
Did school inside a fort that day :-)
Well until next time, bye!
3 comments:
Loved your B tongue twister poem.
Your experiments with how many birds would like which feeder and which birds would like which bird bath was interesting.
I recognize that afghan you're using for part of the tent.
A neat place to read.
Grandma
Alliterations make me smile.
Hi there!
Finally got to read your blog! Another great week of school. Katie brought a couple of friends home for the weekend and guess what? They were both home schooled from elementary all through highschool! They said the best part was how great their relationship is with their siblings! I can see that with you and baby M!! Loved the bird bath and feeded experiements. I bet the birds just needed longer to figure out there was water in the dishes. . .bird brains! Looking forward to your next blog! Auntie A
Post a Comment