This week was very fun. On Wednesday, my mom had a lot of appointments, so I had to finish all the things that I could by myself and the rest of the time I could do what ever I wanted. Since I worked ahead the night before, I did that in about ten minutes. I finished my things at 10:00 in the morning. So I thought oh, I’ll just go on webkinz. So I ended up doing webkinz all the way to 8:oo at night with breaks only for food and playing with baby! That’s ten hours strait of webkinz! It was awesome! So I didn’t end up doing any more work that day. But again, it was awesome! (We did catch up on school by the end of the week.)
Now I will tell you about poetry. So that morning, not webkinz day but another day, I was dangling a lizard. (plastic of course!) and I was trying to think of a poem. I decided to do a “terse verse” which contains two rhyming words that answer a question. Here are some examples:
What does a fox call fifteen rabbits?
A beast feast
-Scott Johnson
What do you call a smiling cabbage patch kid?
A jolly dolly
-Allison Rutledge
What do you get when a sprinkler turns on in a kennel?
A soggy doggy
-Steve Szczech
Here is the poem I wrote:
What do you get when a lizard yells in a cave?
A gecko echo
Well did you like my poem? It may not seem like a poem because it doesn’t rhyme, but it is.
Ok, so I have saved the best for last. Ok, now for science, my friends came over, and we did an experiment. We wanted to see how the birds wings acted as a parachute for the bird when it lands. So we went outside with one umbrella and two trash bags. Since there were three of us, only one of us at a time could us the umbrella. The other two had to use the trash bags. So we would run down the street with the umbrella or trash bag behind us. The trash bags flipped and flopped in the wind, but the umbrella was strong and held still. So when I had the umbrella, I ran down the street, but a gust of wind came right at that time! So I was flown back! It was really fun!
Then, we had 40 minutes left of our hour, so we wanted to go back to the pond that we had gone to last week. But they were doing landscaping there, so we couldn’t. We were pretty upset. But then my mom pointed out that we wouldn’t have been able to go any ways because the path was through rocks, and since it had rained the night before, it would be very slippery. So we started back home.
My mom had the idea to go behind our neighborhood pool and go on a nature walk there. So we went there. It turns out, there wasn’t just grass, but a creek surrounded by woods! Cool right? So when we got there, M.S. (one of my friends) pointed out a little watery area. We all climb down. There were little areas of hard sand that would support our weight. So M.S., M. and I all climb down. But then we see glass, so we come back up. We go further down following the creek.
As we walk, M.S. points out that it is very muddy, and we actually start to sink in! so we find areas of grass to step on. Then, I hear a trickling of water. I walk through the trees and can you guess what I saw? A water fall! Well sort of. It wasn’t a big one. It was about a foot high. The water that was flowing over tangled roots, and sticks was making the most beautiful noise ever! And how natural it was!
We kept walking. It was nearing the time to get going but we kept on. Again I heard a trickling of water. It was another water fall! this one was longer than the other, and wasn’t as steep. We all went down and looked. We then crossed over the water by jumping. It was amazing! We admired it for a couple minutes.
Just then, as I was looking around at the beautiful site, I saw some thing that some what resembled a cave! We started towards it. We didn’t find it sadly, but we did come across a bridge! We climbed over it. We walked to a point that if you looked down over the side, you could see a small stream. It was then time to head back. None of us wanted to, but we knew that science lab was over. But next week we plan to go back there again. Best nature walk ever!
Photo Gallery
Waterproofing feathers --
watching water bead up
on the ones we'd rubbed with oil,
like a bird preens
Baby wants to do school, too!
Ready for Cotillion class
& practicing proper sitting :-)
Baby wants to go to Cotillion, too!
Well, until next time, bye!
1 comment:
There is so much in this blog.
Your experiment with how a parachute would either slow you down and take you backwards was neat.
and your idea of a long skinny plane going farther. cool
Baby wanting to study books...I lol
Your Cotillion dress, shoes and gloves are lovely.
Are you really going to a Cotillion? You'll have to write me about it.
Practising how to sit as a young lady is great.
Maybe when I get to come visit again...you can show me the places you found hopefully there will be a waterfall.
Love, Grandma
Post a Comment