Hey everyone! It's the first week of
school since Christmas Break! I have to say I was not looking forward
to coming back to school at all. But it was an easier week than I had
thought. I've been waking up around 9 and finishing by about 1-2 for
the most part. Plus, it's Friday! I am very excited to stay up and
have a tiny break, ha ha!
In school this week, I've started
poetry again, so why don't I share my poem with you?
Paper, meet the Pencil Tip.
Pencil, see the Paper flip.
If you mark in the wrong place,
Pencil's friend will soon erase.
Day or night,
Draw or write,
In Pencil and Paper, you will delight.
I wanted my poem to prove that you can
write about anything, even a pencil touching the paper. If you have
an eye for detail, poetry is a piece of cake! Ha ha!
Next up is science. I only had this
subject one day this week! It was a project. I had Baby help me. We
went outside and collected leaves. Next we put the individual leaves
between pieces of paper. After this, we put heavy books on top, each
leaf with a different weight on it. We'll leave these for one week,
and when we come back, there should be imprints of leaves in the
paper. The books didn't look very attractive, so Baby and I cut out
leaves, butterflies, and a “pond” out of construction paper. We
used blue tape to tape the cut-outs on to the books. Now it doesn't
look like a boring science project, but a fun craft!
This week was my last week of doing
grammar every day. Next week, I start writing, and grammar is less
often. I have to say I’m looking forward to it. I love writing,
grammar - not so much. All in all, the first week back in school
wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible. I think it was just right, and
sharing it with you makes it all the better!
Now for some pictures!
homemade doughnuts!!!!
photo shoot
4 comments:
Adorable!!
Thanks for sharing your week! Loved your poem! Loved the science project that you dressed up to look like a craft project. I'm sure you'll share the final leave results next week! Can't wait! HOMEMADE doughnuts! I'm jealous!!! Young J is growing, growing, growing! Pictures were great of you both! Love Auntie A
That was a great poem! You are so creative. :)
My favorite part of the blog, though, is the pictures.
Wow, stacking books for school sounds like a lot of fun! Wish I could do that! And that poem? Nothing is more thrilling than a poem about pencils and paper! keep up the good work! :)
Post a Comment