The summer sun that danced
In the skies above
Shown down on the wonder
In my hand that I love.
My wonder was too brilliant
To leave out in the open,
So I wrapped it in a golden case
Pointed at the end.
Such a splendid thing, my wonder,
The shade of freshly fallen snow.
It deserved a better wardrobe,
So I adorned it with rainbows.
I was admiring my wonder,
Cause I loved it oh so much.
You’ll never guess what the sun did;
It happened in a rush.
The sun wanted my wonder,
I guess he was jealous of me,
Because in just a few moments,
I felt a drop on my knee.
A second drop soon followed,
And three drops after that,
And then I was appalled
To hear a horrifying SPLAT!
I looked down to the granite
That lie underneath my feet.
And when I saw what was there,
A tear rolled down my cheek.
My pretty little wonder
Lay deformed upon the ground.
I was so heart broken,
That my tears let out no sound.
I cried out in agony
And people gave me weird looks,
But they’ll never know the wonder
That the sun’s heat took.
I tried to save my little wonder
In its triangular bed,
It was now just a liquid;
My precious wonder was dead.
I’ll never forgive the sun
Who my wonder did take,
The agony claws me
Like a sharp metal rake.
So beware my little readers:
If ever a wonder you do keep,
Hide it from the sun
Or it shall fall forever asleep.
Did you like it? If you couldn’t guess, it was about an ice cream cone.
Baby’s school is so much more fun then mine! She’s been learning about shapes and numbers so far. She also got this book called Corduroy, which is about a stuffed bear who finds out that he’s lost his button to his overalls, and goes around the store he lives at in the night trying to find it. Baby got to look for buttons around the house, and then she sorted buttons by color and shape and sizes. It was way more fun than my school. During history, I got so distracted with her school!
I guess sometime during the school year I’ll get excited for school, but right now, I am SO not in the mood! I mean, it feels like summer began only a month or so ago. Oh well, I guess not everything can go the way you want. On the bright side, my grandma is coming soon, and we will be going to the beach for a few days! It’s going to be great! We are going to stay in this awesome condo on the beach! I can’t wait! So at least I still have something fun and summery to look forward to!
There really isn’t much else to write about…I mean, this is the first week of school, so nothing big has taken place. By the next blog I should have something more interesting to write about! But, until then, bye!
Photo Gallery
Baby's first 1st Day of School photo
Fun (working) with numbers
"I'm the best gift ever!"
Feast Day Celebration for
The Solemnity of the Assumption
The Solemnity of the Assumption
grammar - blah shapes "work" - fun!
Baby's telling me how she made Our Lady
the rope is the veil
the shapes at the top are eyes & nose
the middle shapes are the belly & belly button
the little white shape is Baby Jesus
the two shapes at the bottom are feet
the rope is the veil
the shapes at the top are eyes & nose
the middle shapes are the belly & belly button
the little white shape is Baby Jesus
the two shapes at the bottom are feet
"These are flip-flops, and I'm going to the pool."
weeeeeeeeeeeeee
1 comment:
I loved your poem! I didn't realize it was about ice cream - cuz I really don't like ice cream. But now that you say it, I can totally understand it! Love the pictures. Have a great couple of weeks of school before you go on break again!
Post a Comment