Sunday, August 25, 2013

cupcake

written Fri, Aug 23

Hey everyone! It's the second blog of the new school year! Today is also Saint Rose of Lima's feast day! We made cupcakes and made roses out of fruit roll-ups to put on them! 
We also had a celebration for the Queenship of Mary on Thursday. We made crown cookies! So we have lots of sweets in the house! Baby also made a craft on Thursday.
In grammar, I am learning about pronouns-a word that takes the place of a noun, nouns-a person, place, thing, or idea, articles-a, an, and the, and adjectives-a word that modifies a noun. It is very boring. Oh well, that's school for you.

For poetry, I am working on memorizing a poem called “The Tiger” by William Blake.  Here it is:

 TIGER, tiger, burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

In what distant deeps or skies
Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
On what wings dare he aspire?
What the hand dare seize the fire?

And what shoulder and what art
Could twist the sinews of thy heart?
And when thy heart began to beat,
What dread hand and what dread feet?

What the hammer? what the chain?
In what furnace was thy brain?
What the anvil? What dread grasp
Dare its deadly terrors clasp?

When the stars threw down their spears,
And water'd heaven with their tears,
Did He smile His work to see?
Did He who made the lamb make thee?

Tiger, tiger, burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?
  
Cool, huh? I have to memorize ALL of it! Now, I could tell you about all my other subjects and bore you to death, just for the sake of a longer blog, but I chose to keep it short and interesting! There is one more thing: my sister E came home from college today! Yay! Well, I'm off to welcome her home! Till next time, bye!

Photo Gallery
baby in a bag (pillow sham)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love getting a glimpse into your daily lives!!! What awesome cookie/cupcake baking is going on over there at your house!!! LOVED the roll-ups made into roses - who thinks of these things???!!! The baby in the house is growing up!!! so sweet - both of you!! Can't believe you are going to memorize the entire (and quite difficult) poem by William Blake. He's an interesting guy - I remember doing a report on him for Mr. Kilbourne my high school English teacher!

Thanks for sharing - missing you guys!!! Auntie A