So, I've written my blogs on time, but my Mom didn't get last week's posted until now. So it's first, followed by my short blog for this week. Enjoy!
written April 19th
It's Friday! Good old Friday, which also means a new blog! Kudos for the regular blog readers! This is my 57th blog ever! Yeah! What could I possibly put in my 57th blog? How about some essays! Maybe a little bit of poetry, and of course, I have to include my first week of theater practice! Let's hurry up and get started, shall we?
written April 19th
It's Friday! Good old Friday, which also means a new blog! Kudos for the regular blog readers! This is my 57th blog ever! Yeah! What could I possibly put in my 57th blog? How about some essays! Maybe a little bit of poetry, and of course, I have to include my first week of theater practice! Let's hurry up and get started, shall we?
This
week I have been working on making a plan or diagram for my
paragraphs. Here is one of the two I made: (you can click on the images to make them pop-up larger)
Then,
I make each idea into a sentence and write them in these
little boxes, like this:
After
that, I write all the sentences and it looks like a paragraph. And my
mom checks it, and circles and highlights and crosses out things, to
make it look ruined instead of perfect:
Next
I make the corrections, and re-write it, best hand writing:
but
my mom still makes corrections. Finally, I write the final
draft!:
For
those of you who can't read it, this is what the essay says:
My
walls are covered in memories, things to do, and quotes. My walls
have memories of the past like flyers, magazine clippings, art work,
and pictures of family, friends, and events. They also hold things I
enjoy seeing day after day. Like my Webkinz tags, pictures from
movies or shows, quotes I like, and my calenders. My bulletin board
has many reminders and tips. It is crowded with inspirations like
ideas, thoughts, and quotes. 'Notes to self' and 'things to do' are
pinned up wherever I haven't doodled. I always see my crafts and
things that remind me of me on my desk. To some people, it might
appear messy, but really it is just full of incomplete crafts and
projects. My My Little Ponies are there too. At the very edge rests
my water bottle which I take everywhere! My bed is very inviting with
all its stuffed animals and comforters usually covered in crafts. My
bed is normally so plush, and so full of plushies that I just want
to leap into it and take a nap. But sometimes, it's full of crafts,
paper cuttings, and sewing materials. My room is like the most
detailed diary come to life!
So,
what do you think? Now, more writing, with poetry!
National
Poetry Month is in April!
we
love our rhyming words even more still.
Well,
last but certainly not least, THEATER! As you know, I am in the King
and I. The first day, we split into two groups. The one I was in
went to a different room to block* and the other group stayed in our
main room to work on the songs and dances. (Blocking is when you
learn where and when you have to be onstage. All your movements. It's
like the G.P.S. for the stage!) Then on the second day, we split up
again into different groups, and my group worked on dancing and
singing while the other group worked on both. Then we all got
together and showed each other what we had been working on. The
third day, Wednesday, we worked on the scenes we hadn't blocked yet
in the first half, and then showed each other our perfected dances. And
the last day of the theater week-Thursday-we worked out the details
and pieces that we didn't quite have yet. It looks to me, and to
everyone else, that our show is coming along great!. But I think next
week we have to be off book, meaning no looking at your script –
memorized! Wish me luck!
Photo Gallery
making her newest fav - cinnamon streusel muffins
Spring Break with my cousins!
Gold Mine
Webkinz Wedding - with friends
Til
next time, bye!
written April 26th
written April 26th
HEY
EVERYBODY! It's Friday, and I am overjoyed! This week has been SO
incredibly busy! I don't even know where to start!
The big thing about this week is theater. I am in the King and I, and it is awesome! We just finished blocking, and choreographing the ENTIRE play! And we're only two weeks in with three weeks left to go! Unfortunately, we have to have ALL OUR LINES, BLOCKING, AND CHOREOGRAPHY memorized by Monday! Wish me luck, cause I'm going to need it!!!
The big thing about this week is theater. I am in the King and I, and it is awesome! We just finished blocking, and choreographing the ENTIRE play! And we're only two weeks in with three weeks left to go! Unfortunately, we have to have ALL OUR LINES, BLOCKING, AND CHOREOGRAPHY memorized by Monday! Wish me luck, cause I'm going to need it!!!
I am
'reading' a new book for history called Across Five Aprils. It is a
historical fiction on the Civil War. My mom got it for me on a book
on tape, and it's pretty good. I mean, I wouldn't read it if I
didn't have to, but other than that, it's good.
Even
though this week was quite chaotic, I pretty much did the same things
as always, plus theater... history, math, grammar, spelling, map
skills, poetry, religion, geography, and writing. So I guess this it
it!
Till
next time, bye!


2 comments:
Are the "webkinz tags" in any of these pictures because I want to see your collection.
I'm not sure my first comments actually got submitted so here goes again -loved hearing about how you get a theatre production off the ground! Loved hearing about how you practice writing with the circles, boxes and then sentences! Your mom sounds like a really great teacher! Loved the pics of the gold mine, sprinkler funa and the crazy webkinz wedding!Love you and thanks for sharing! Auntie A
Post a Comment