For
the weeks of Feb 4 & 11
parts were written on Feb 12, Feb 13, and Feb 15 (you'll probably be able to tell which!)
It's
my birthday! It's my birthday! Uh hu! Uh hu! Tee-hee! Yes, my
birthday has finally come! I had my family birthday celebration on
Sunday. We had Donatos
and cake. Then I
opened presents! I got this super cool black and white leopard print
travel bag from my aunt! Inside, was an epic, yes epic surprise. A
super fashionable purple, and blue sparkly scarf, and a lip gloss
case, with ten lip glosses in it! I wore the scarf on Sunday, and it
looked and felt awesome. Another present I got was a box. Inside the
box was tissue paper. Under the tissue paper was a piece of paper
with words “this will be yours” and under that, a picture of the
movie Rise of the Guardians! Then, in a smaller box, there was more
tissue paper. Under that, was another paper and then, as I was
opening up the paper, I saw our Theater
logo. I looked up and said “I GET TO DO ****?!” ****
is a theater program where you audition for one of four plays,
practice for a few months, and then have two public performances. You
also get to watch the other performances for free, so it's a win-win
scenario. I
was so happy!
After
my birthday party, and the celebration on Sunday, my real birthday
has come at last – it was Monday! I decided I wanted to go to this
bouncy place. But since it wouldn't be very fun going alone, I asked
A. to sleep over Sunday through Monday. Sunday night we played
webkinz, watched Alpha and Omega on Netflix (Yes! We got Netflix!).
We ate chocolate chip pancakes for my b-day breakfast!
When
we got to the bouncy place, we went straight to the foam pit. It was
an elevated platform, surrounded by trampoline walls, with trampoline
floors on one end, and at the other, a deep pit entirely full of 12''
x 12'' x12'' foam blocks! We ran/jumped on the trampolines into the
foam pit. It was unbelievably hard to get out! We struggled, pulled,
pushed, and finally got out. Then we played in the dodge-ball
trampoline room, after that it was on to the main court.
It
was a long “room” where the walls and floors were trampolines.
We bounced around for a while before wanting to jump off the walls.
When we finally did jump off the walls, it was all we wanted to do.
Then, off to the foam pit again. This time, we did the rope swing.
You climb onto an elevated platform, and then hang on to a rope, and
swing over the foam pit. Then, you let go. It took me even longer to
get out of that one.
Baby
was also with us, well, not with us, she was in the “little
jumpers” area. Baby had her own foam pit which she liked to belly
flop into. She called it her pool. So cute!
After
our hour of play was up, we got McDonald's. When we got home, A. and
I stayed in the car in the garage... after getting some webkinz.
Then, we turned up the radio, ate McDonald's, and played with
Webkinz. We screamed when the garage light went off. Then we turned
on the car light. Pretty cool. But kinda scary. After a while, We got
scared by the light turning off, the tennis ball appearing to smile
at us, the shapes in the dark, and the ever-scary radio static.
After a little trouble with opening the car doors, and trying-and
failing-to turn the light on, we went inside.
Once
inside, we played a game of Webkinz. I think we got bored, because it
ended where the vampire bunny ate everyone. Lol. Oh well. Once A.
left, Dad called and reminded me that I had theater that night. Mom
made my special request - potato wedges.
At
theater, I was a little late, but in time not to miss anything too
important. They assigned certain people to lead certain warm ups at
our showcase, and other people to say things about the warm ups and
why we do them. The warm up I talk about is “channeling breath”
and I say “the breath is the ocean that your voice boat sails on.”
Ms. A had the idea, but couldn't put it into words, so I told her
what she meant, and she assigned that line to me. We also went
through our ensemble and group songs. We were told what to bring,as
well. Finally, we assigned what order the monologues and songs went
in. I forget where my monologue falls, but I know that my song-Colors
of the Wind-is the finale. Yay! Kinda....
My Musical Theatre II Class
My head shot!
Today
is Mardis Gras, and Mom just came home from the store with a doughnut
for me!
Yay! HAPPY MARDI GRAS! Tonight, is my Valentine's cotillion!
You’d think it would be the Mardi Gras Cotillion...oh well. I was
going to sew a dress for it, but my sewing machine broke...so I guess
that's out of the question. Lol.
Also
last week was my first
volleyball game day (it's every Friday now). I
wasn't very good, but it was still lots of fun. Towards the end, the
girls just talked and so the game kind of faded.
For
history, geography, and literature, we're doing a big unit on Lewis
and Clark's expedition. I made a salt dough map of the USA. It
looks very realistic. I sculpted it and painted it. Here is a picture of me working on it & a video of the
finished map:
Here are some videos of my pirogue project for geography:
A.
stayed late after my birthday party so we could work on a project for
school – a video about the 27 Amendments to the Constitution. At
first, we thought about making a music video, but we were stumped
with what song to do. Then we
had the idea to make a Webkinz movie. We ended up with this (fyi - it's about 10 minutes long!):
This
week, I did a science experiment. It is about how a giraffe’s blood
pressure works. Here is the video. :)
sorry
this blog is so late...but I’ve been busy!
Photo Gallery
Baby's Mother Mary costume design :-)
I'm so cool!
sitting in the pirogue I "built" as part of
one of my Lewis & Clark projects
Veggie Tales Play-Dough fun
1st attempt at using scissors!
Another "too quiet moment":
Baby had found the nail polish & painted her nails.
She did a surprisingly good job!
Our St. Valentine's Day pink heart pancakes
Baby was very excited to find her
reflection in the heart decoration!
Baby was diagnosed with cross eye and lazy eye.
She has to wear a patch 6hrs a day & she's getting glasses.
Till
next time, BYE!
(PS. In case you were wondering, I'M 14 NOW!)
(PS. In case you were wondering, I'M 14 NOW!)

No comments:
Post a Comment