Hey look! It’s yet another new blog! Wow, let’s see. What can I tell you about this week? I haven’t received any more email requests, so I guess I’ll have to come up with my own ideas. Oh, yes! Well, this week in science, for the most part, I have been studying marsupials. The book stated a project I was to do, so I got started. The original project was to take construction paper and card stock, and glue them together to make a pouch then cover it with fur, cut out little joeys(marsupial babies) and put them in the pouch. This is what I morphed the project into:
Well then, how about a report, hmm? I am reading this new series called “The Sisters Grimm.” It is REALLY good! It is a mystery series, but so far, each has the same continuing mystery as one before, as well as a new mystery or two. Each book is a thrill ride through not only mysteries, but hilarious jokes, descriptive narration, and fun characters. What makes the characters so fun? Well, the book is filled with these characters called “everafters.” That is the name they prefer rather then being called fairy tale creatures, as that makes it sound like they are all animals, when really, the majority of them are humans.
The three little pigs are capable of changing into human form to blend in with the un-knowing humans…(all everafters can do this)…and make up the police squad. Snow White is a teacher, and Prince Charming himself is the mayor of Ferry Port Landing. Unfortunately, Ferry Port Landing is not only home to all the everafters, but it is also their prison. Years ago, a powerful sorceress was angered, and as punishment, made it so no everafter could ever leave, until every single Grimm was dead. This made it very difficult when Sabrina and Daphne Grimm moved in with their Grandma Relda after being in the orphanage. As, almost every everafter wishes them dead. Soon, Sabrina, Daphne, and Relda Grimm are solving a mystery about a giant roaming the town! Next week, I will give a report about the next book in the series. Meanwhile, GET TO THE LIBRARY!
Now, I will tell you about what I am going to go do tonight. I AM GOING TO GO SEE CHECK! Check! is an improv group. My mom and I go to see it whenever we can, and unfortunately, last year I didn’t get to go at all, because whenever they had it, it was on a Thursday, which was the day of my theater class. Anyway, I laugh my head off, and it gives me ideas for theater. We do improv games in theater too, and sometimes the students get to pick what game to play. At Check! they have snacks and vending machines, and you sit ON the stage, so you can see the “Checkers” very well. I have a blast there.
I don’t really have much to say about this week. We didn’t go anywhere because baby is potty training, and mom is camped out in the kitchen with her. I did go to cotillion. Yep, dances, etiquette, and more. We learned a new dance step to the box step. We practiced having boys opening the doors for ladies and we practiced tying ties. Later this month, I am going with my cotillion class to the nutcracker play! It is a ballet performance. I can’t wait! Next month is the Christmas ball too. I can’t wait for it.
Photo Gallery
having fun getting ready to potty train
playing in the kitchen during potty training
making staying in the kitchen fun
my "invention" for getting my school stuff to/from Mom
to check while she was in the kitchen with Baby
Baby loves eating lemons!
Well, I guess that’s all for now…so I will type to you later!
1 comment:
Love, Love, Love reading your blogs! Keep them coming! Love the pictures as well! I am sure you made staying in the kitchen fun for Baby J! So cute! She was ready for success!! I think the book series you are reading sounds really good! Got to go - I am heading to the library! Love Auntie A
Post a Comment