Bodacious
Life
Of
Girl
That…is called an acrostic poem. So that is my poem for the week.
Another thing I did this week, was…reading! I read an awesome book called “Lone Wolf” by Kathryn Lasky. It was about a wolf who was born with a splay paw. The pack can not have a weakness, so the she wolf mother was forced to abandon the pup, condemning it to die. But Faolan survives! It is the story of the great adventure he has trying to survive, to make it back to his pack. It is an amazing descriptive fantasy book. There are more in the series too.
I am feeling in a poetry mood, so I am going to tell you lots of poems I have written this week.
Here is the one I am most proud of:
Mother Wolf
Soft quiet footprints through the snow
Crouched to the ground so no one will know,
That their life may end today.
Curiosity seldom pays…
A mother deer tenses,
For, danger she senses.
She calls for her fawns
For, it’s almost dawn.
They prance away…
To her dismay.
She races after
She is now the doe’s capturer.
But the fawns with their father
Are, safe, and do not see the slaughter.
She brings the meat to her pup’s
Who gobble it up.
She leaves them to eat,
While on quiet feet,
She howls at the moon,
For morning will be here soon.
Well, that just about sums it up for now…
Photo Gallery
On the bus traveling to the Civil Rights March for Life
We were in online newspapers!
I created my own sign :-)
Baby used a sign to block the bright sun, lol!
Baby wanted me to play dog with her :-)
Finally, I got tired, but she still kept pulling!
Well, next week, you can have more of what you crave. But for now, “good bye” I must wave!


No comments:
Post a Comment