First, math. I got a new math program. And this one has a wolf! A tiny wolf at the top left corner of the monitor. If I get a question right, he howls! It’s really cool.
The first day of math, I had to do roman numerals. At first, it was really hard, and I had to keep looking back at the lecture. But now, I think it’s fun. It’s like trying to crack a code, or put something into code, to give to a top secret lair or something! So, here is a challenge for you:
Please crack the code…or try to!
CLV
a)150
b)152
c)155
XXV
a)25
b)20
c)45
MDLXXVIII
a)15753
b)15573
c)1578
Was that fun? I think they are. I still have to think about it, but most of the time, I get it right.
Now, on to the Maine event! Ha-ha! Each week for 7th-8th grade, I'm learning about a different state. Click on this link to read my report for this week:
Please crack the code…or try to!
CLV
a)150
b)152
c)155
XXV
a)25
b)20
c)45
MDLXXVIII
a)15753
b)15573
c)1578
Was that fun? I think they are. I still have to think about it, but most of the time, I get it right.
Now, on to the Maine event! Ha-ha! Each week for 7th-8th grade, I'm learning about a different state. Click on this link to read my report for this week:
Now, a sneak peek into my poetry book:
Dream
Dreams often give to you,
The things you cannot really do.
In a nightmare, there’s adventure
Soon to reach the climax heat,
When in real life you are safe and sound,
From the tip of your head to the tip of your feet.
Sometimes you’ll have a hard day,
And you go to bed real sad.
Your dreams will soon then take you to,
A place of joy and glad.
Maybe you’re a princess,
Or a noble knight!
Do what ever you want!
Dreams hardly put up a fight!
Then you’ll wake up and realize
The things you have to do…
Don’t worry, cause tonight,
You’ll do what you want to!
-Mia
Patient Crimson
I stand here,
Waiting. Watching.
Children are near.
Playing. Laughing.
They now sit on me.
They are nice.
But could it be,
Is this all to life?
A beautiful eight leg
Creature climbs on me.
She spins, and lays eggs.
Then attaches them to me.
A dog comes.
Now I am wet.
But when he leaves,
I am still not upset.
For I know that one day,
Sirens with scream, putting me in a daze.
I’ll see that close by,
A house is a blaze.
They’ll come
All in gold,
And attach to me,
A tube that they hold.
From me, through the tube,
Water will flow
Clear as crystal,
With oh, what a blow!
Soon the flames
Will die down.
And they all
Will turn around.
They’ll look at me
Smiling with glee.
Undo the snake like tube,
And leave the sight.
But once they are gone,
I am still proud of the fight!
And so, I stand here,
Watching. Waiting.
Not sad of existence,
But only anticipating.
- Mia
Photo Gallery
First day of school
Baby helped make pancakes
I shaped mine like a notebook, schoolhouse
and a backpack.
and a backpack.
We began our school year with Mass.
Baby likes to play in the "window cubbies" at church.
1st Day fun: labeling & decorating my notebooks!
Working hard :-)
Mom got the Cuisenaire rods out for Baby to play with.
Can you tell what I made? ...
I found this costume for baby this week!
Now we just have to figure out which
medieval lady she'll be for All Saints' Day!
Baby figured out how to open the blinds by herself!

1 comment:
Loved reading your blog
! You are a really good writer! Loved the report on Maine - we just got back from there
and I didn't know any of your facts -except for the moose part! Loved the pics. I'm looking forward to learning what you are learning this school year!
Auntie Anne
Post a Comment