Thursday, March 1, 2012

litany of big news of science

Hello again.  now this is a very exiting blog this week, but to get you ready for it, I am going to bore you with a litany of things we do each day.  So sit back, relax, but stay awake!  Thank you. 

Every day, we basically do the same thing.  The things that we do not do every day are the things I usually write you about.  So here is the list of things we do every day:
  • Morning prayer
  • Faith and Life-catechism
  • Mommy reads the Bible
  • Saints and feast days- I read about the day's saint and record three facts about them
  • Spelling
  • Grammar
  • Reading 30 minutes-I usually read more
  • Rummy Roots- kind of like go fish, only for this game, instead of numbers, they have a Latin or Greek word, and an English word.
  • Critical thinking - a workbook
  • Math
  • Science
  • History
  • And chores
Well that’s all there is. Anyways…

Ok, so are you fully bored?  I know I am.  So lets move on to something else.  How about, oh I don’t know, um…science!  This week’s science was really fun.  We were all supposed to make one awesome science game, but I went ahead and made it.  First I used a poster board.  I taped part of a blue table cloth to it.  Then I cut out colored fish.  I taped the fish on to it.  Then I cut out really tiny fish and drew “+1, -1, +2, -2.”  on different fish.  After that, I wrote out question/answer cards about what we have learned this year in science.  Here’s how you play:
  • Pick a playing piece.
  • Put all players on start
  • First player-player number 1 picks a fish.  Let’s say it said “+2”  the player 1 would move his/her piece two fish. 
  • Then he would get a question.
  • The person to the left of player 1 draws a card, and asks the question.
  • If player 1 gets it correct, he stays where he/she is. 
  • If he/she gets it wrong, she/he goes back the amount of squares he/she moved up. 
  • If he/she moved backwards, they stay where they are if they answer right or wrong.
  • Then the next player goes.
  • Who ever gets to the finish fish first, wins.
At science, we played the game.  We also ate a fish made out of fruit that I made.

Now, I would like to share exciting news.  My mom, is… PREGNANT!  Cue confetti!  “Yay! Yeah! Woo hoo!  Awesome! Congrats!  You’re so lucky!  That’s so great!  Wow!  No way!  When’s the due date? I can’t believe it!  So cool!  Girl or boy?  Woah!  What’s it’s name?”  Oh, sorry, I was just saying all the things you’re probably thinking, or what you would say to me if I told you in person.  

Photo Gallery
baby chasing balloons
a new twist on Twister!
Mardi Gras breakfast
cinnamon wreaths with green, purple & yellow sprinkles
study break
Baby likes playing Rummy Roots, too!
Baby makes it a little hard to do school work.
her idea!
a day for enjoying tight spaces, I guess :-)
baby is here...cue confetti!
baby wants a new bed...

Anyway, say it with me…
“‘till! Next! Time! Bye!!!”  ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!  No seriously, bye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mia!!!!

Great blog - loved hearing about what you do every day! I've heard the great news that you will be a big sister again!!! I'm so excited for your whole family! Loved the pics keep em coming!

Love,

Auntie Anne