Tuesday, September 20, 2011

School in Pajamas!

(I wrote this last Friday, but we're just now getting around to posting it!)

Hello again! :-) This week was really fun. Here’s three of the subjects I’m going to tell you about: history, art, and faith club.

So here goes. First, I’d like to tell you about history. This week I’ve been learning about ancient Egypt. I learned about sphinx, pyramids, hieroglyphics, mummies, tombs, and more! The Rosetta stone was how people finally translated Egyptian. It had the same words in Greek, and Egyptian.

Next I’d like to tell you about the faith club get together I had this week. So 8 girls ended up coming. That day was Our Lady of Sorrows, so we had a craft, where we made Mary’s heart out of card board, felt, markers, and cotton. We put seven coctail swords into it for the seven sorrows of Mary. We also iced, and ate heart shaped brownies. After that, we played outside. :-)

Last, is art. This week, my mom and I went outside, and drew three things that we liked. You can see them below. But it was hard, since we had to take baby with us. She went to our pump, and started to lick the rocks there! Wow, right? Then, she’d run off, and we’d have to go catch her! :-) She didn’t seem bothered by the bugs, but my mom and I were being eaten alive! So not the best art day. But still fun.
My drawing
My Mom's drawing

Baby helped me with my school again! So cute!

Hope you enjoy my photo gallery, and blog this week, till next time, bye!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The sorrows of Mary, swords in the heart, cookie-thing kind of creeped me out a little I don't mind saying -but I bet it tasted good tee-hee!! You really sound like you are enjoying homeschool!! What a joy baby is!
Can't wait for your next post!
Auntie Anne