Last week, it seemed like I was studying nothing but Egypt!
Projects galore!
SMOKING SARCOUGHAGUS
So, I was making a diorama of an Egyptian tomb. And I needed props for it. So, I got out the clay. I decided to make a sarcoughagus. it was AWESOME! I had every little detail.
Then, we baked it. After a while, my Dad said, "Is something burning?" My Mom and I rush over to the oven and open it. Loads of smoke comes out! We get the tray out. Smoke is rising from the sarcoughagus! It looked so creepy! The clay was burned to a brown (it was white). But other than that, it was fine. It even looks aged.
adding glaze
EVEN MORE CLAY
I decided to make other things out of clay that you can see below.
Egyptian Hieroglyphs
My Egyptian Tomb diorama
Close up of sarcoughagus & canopic jars
close up of Treasure Room artifacts
close up of my Sphinx
MAKING PAPYRUS FROM PAPER BAGS
My painted "papyrus"
WATER PARK!
So, now that we homeschool, we get to go on super fun vacations! On Thursday, we went to an indoor water park. It was amazing! Ok, so there were two huge slides 4 STORIES HIGH! AWESOME! One was green and the other was yellow. My Dad and I went on the green one first. It was Amazing! You sit in a big tube and the slide goes outside and then back inside! So much fun! Then my Dad said, "Hey, let's go on the yellow one now." So we went. Unfortunately, first, I was going backwards, and second, my Dad knew something I didn't. This....was the HOWLING TORNADO! So, on the other slides when there's a drop, it's 1-2 feet ok. So, my Dad sayd, "Oh, here's a drop!" And, I'm imagining 1-2 feet down. No. It's at least 20 feet down...no joke! AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! And, then, it's like a funnel! Water is pouring in, we're bouncing around, and finaly we're out! There were many other rides, even a fort that dumped water on us. But, those two were the most fun! by far!
LATIN CHOIR
Trying on shoes
very brief video clip of our performance
MORE PICTURES
Making a clay turtle for my Dad
Till next week, bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment