Hello everybody; who else is ready for
the weekend? That's what I thought! Everyone! Let's go ahead and
start talking about the school week. Not much is new, but I’m sure
I can find something to talk about, like my new routine. Recently, I
have started using my hand-held timer everyday for school. I'll work
one hour, and then have a fifteen minute break, then work another
hour and have a fifteen minute break. So far, it's been working
really well!
This week in poetry, I have been memorizing the first eighteen lines of a poem called “The Canterbury Tales”. Here it is:
This week in poetry, I have been memorizing the first eighteen lines of a poem called “The Canterbury Tales”. Here it is:
When April with his showers sweet
The drought of March has pierced to the root,
And bathed every vein in such sweet liquor,
By which virtue the flower is engendered;
When Zephyr also with his sweet breath
has breathed unto every wood and heath
The tender sprouts, and the young sun
Has in the Ram his halfway course run;
And small fowls make melody,
That sleep all the night with open eye-
So Nature pricks them in their hearts-
Then do folk long to go on pilgrimages,
And Palmers for to seek strange strands,
To far-off shires, known in sundry lands;
And specially, from every shires' end
Of England to Canterbury they wend,
The holy, blissful martyr for to seek.
Than them was helped, when the were sick.
Well? What did you all think? I still have a little under two more weeks to memorize it, but I can't say it will be easy!
The only other thing that's out of the ordinary for this week is this... I'm going to work ahead today so that I will have a day off next week. My birthday is on Tuesday! I'll be fifteen; can y'all believe it? I can't wait! I'll write all about it next Friday. But until then, bye!
Picture time!
Super Bowl - sitting next to Daddy bought Baby a little delay in bedtime!
playing hospital
she stayed in her "hospital bed" for a really long time! (30-45min)
break from the hospital
Baby dressed up herself & her bears.
Mother Mary, St. Joseph, baby Jesus.
Mother Mary, St. Joseph, baby Jesus.
She said the blocks & hoops on top were Baby Jesus' birthday cake.
(btw, she calls those hoops "ring the gack")
soooo cute!
She got all dressed, then said, "I'm ready for snow!"
(That day it was in the 50s, so no snow for Baby.)
1 comment:
Baby makes everything so much more fun -doesn't she!?
Happy Birthday ahead of time!!!!
Are you planning a party?
Keep on working ahead so you can have a blast on your bday!
Love you, Auntie A
Post a Comment