Sunday, August 28, 2011

Wiicess Every Day!


People reading my blog, Hi! I am going to tell you about my first week of homeschool.  So sit back and relax, and read the screen.

Now, before I start to tell you about my week, I'd like to say that the first day of school was a feast day.  (the Queenship of Mary).  So for the special occasion, my mom and I, made cut out cookies- shaped as crowns.  Since we didn't have any crown cookie cutters, we used the top half of an autumn leave cookie cutter.  Then we iced them, and designed them with sprinkles.  We finished eating them before the half-point of the week!


Ok, now one more thing before we get started.  Everyone knows recess, but who here has heard of Wiicess?  Now I'm not just speaking baby talk.  I mean Wiicess.  Well, we just got a Wii, so during recess, guess what I do?  That's right!!  Play the Wii!  It's so much fun!

Ok, so to start out, I'm just going to tell you about my favorite subjects.  Ok.  So, one of my favorite subjects is math.  Another is reading and then of course, art!  So let's get started.

Now, first of all, I'd like to tell you about my math.  I have an online math, and that's really cool.  So when you get on, you get a lecture, or as I like to call it, a mini-lesson.  The mini lesson talks about what you need to know for the following questions.  Then you have 5 practice problems.  After that are 22 actual questions, and then you're done.  How cool?

Ok.  Next in line is reading.  I have to read 30 minutes a day, and I'm reading a good series. It's called "The Littles."  The Littles are tiny people.  Which always will make a good story.  They rescue, they help, and they sometimes get into trouble.  But to find out more, you'll have to read them yourself!

And last, but not least Art!  This week in art, I drew an Arabian elephant!  It looks really good.  My Mom drew one too!  Well, that about raps it up.  You can see the pictures below.  
My drawing
The original we drew copies of.
Mommy's drawing

 My baby sister "helps" me with school!
She kept trying to take the pillows 
while I was watching the Bible dvd.

 'Till next week, Bye!




6 comments:

Grandma said...

How neat !!!
The cookies look delicious !!!
Did you and your mom really draw those elephants or did you trace them and then fill in?

Must be nice to go to homeschool in your pajama's.

What part of math are you learning this fall?

What is tionspul? seen below

what are HTML tags, and how are they used?

Grandma

Lena Aarts said...

This is so cute! I want wiicess!!! and I like the cookies. what kind were they? We have one week untill we leave! how scary is that!

~Lena

Kathy said...

Great looking cookies. It looks like you are having a lot of fun. We are going to use the same Math program for Helena (pre-Algebra). Can't wait!

I think I remember the Littles. Do they have tails?

Oh! and your mom's elephant was almost as good as yours, but don't tell her I said that! tee hee!

Mia's Edventures said...

Grandma: Mommy & I drew the elephants! My math is just regular 6th grade.

Lena: We used Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix cut-out cookie recipe.

Kathy: The math is fun. Hope she gets the penguins, too! Yes, the Littles have tails.

Patty: I like Just Dance & Mario Cart

Anne: Thank you! I'm going to write every week on Friday.

Karri said...

I love your interpretation of the elephant picture, much more interesting than the original.

Rachel said...

Hey, it's me. Your blog is pretty cool! I'm going to try to read it as much as I can. Say hi to your baby sister for me.